I've been very busy since I started my hospital training in a private hospital. Because of this, I don't have much time to post what happened in my life. Currently, I'm on my 3rd week staff training and was assigned in ER. Since I'd stopped practicing my profession for almost a year and a half, it was very hard for me to adjust again with the working environment and deal with different kind of people who seek medical attention. My first day seems to be my first exposure again. It made me feel nervous and a little bit of excitement. I'm afraid committing mistakes because I dealt with people's life, I'm scared holding syringe, opening an ampule, giving IM injections, giving skin test, IV insertion, and suturing, I'm worried that I forgot how to get blood pressure, I'm scared to put ECG leads, I'm scared writing on patient's charts and make nurse's notes, because honestly it feels like all of these are new to me. But with the help of God I surpassed all this fear and He gave me the confidence I need to make it right.
ER :) I'm loving this place now, seriously!
I got this after we had a return demonstration of IV insertion. :( poor little hand, not good to see.
Charting (I consider it as a nurse's diary)



No comments:
Post a Comment